Info Wielrennen
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

2018 - Algemeen

2 plaatsers

Ga naar beneden

2018 - Algemeen Empty 2018 - Algemeen

Bericht van Admin za okt 28, 2017 9:14 am

Boivin, a 28-year-old Canadian who is in his second year with the team in 2017, most recently won the prologue at the Tour of Taihu Lake and led the 2.1 race for three days, eventually finishing second overall. Boivin was also second overall at the Tour de Saguenay in Canada and second at the one-day Coppa Bernochi.

“The last two months of the season as a whole have been very good for me,” Boivin said. “I’ve gained confidence in myself and hope to carry it into the 2018 season.

“I’m looking forward to showing the world what I’m capable of on the biggest scene,” he said. “Whether it is to help a teammate win or get a chance [myself] at some point, I want to fly the ICA flag to the top.”

Dempster, a 30-year-old Australian, has ridden with Cycling Academy in 2017 following two years with Bora-Argon 18. The fast finisher nailed his season highlight with a seventh-place finish at the RideLondon-Surrey Classic.

“For me, I need to take another step in the harder races,” Dempster said. “There are fast guys on the team next year, and I see myself as an important part of preparing the sprint for them.

“I’d like to broaden the finals I can be involved in,” Dempster added. “I’ve got a fair few seasons behind me now, so I think when the races are longer and a bit harder; I’ve got the base to be there and be competitive.”

Carlström praised Dempster’s all-around abilities.

“Zak has a lot of experience for a lot of different races and can do very good work for a leader or sprinter in the races,” the team director said. “He can also seize the moment and take his own chance when it presents itself like he did in London.”

Van Winden, a 27-year-old Dutchman, signed with Israel Cycling Academy this year after two years with LottoNL-Jumbo. The former Dutch U23 time trial champion said he was happy to return for another season with his ‘family.’

“I am excited to create dreams with this family and, as you know, we dream big, so let’s make a big year in 2018,” Van Winden said of the team’s goal of making the Giro d’Italia next year with its start in Jerusalem.

“Dennis is capable of doing a very good job for any leader in the team,” Carlström said. “His experience and his motivating attitude is good to have in any race.”

Israel Cycling Academy have one more rider to announce to complete the 2018 roster.

Admin
Admin

Aantal berichten : 11637
Registratiedatum : 24-12-14

https://wiel.actieforum.com

Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden

2018 - Algemeen Empty Re: 2018 - Algemeen

Bericht van Admin za okt 28, 2017 9:14 am

Ze spreken altijd over steun aan een sprinter. Is dat Sbaragli dan?

Admin
Admin

Bericht van Admin ma nov 27, 2017 9:46 am

Margaliot, who was Israel's first WorldTour rider back in 2010 as a trainee for Footon-Servetto before moving on to Saxo Bank the following year, has been busy over the winter shoring up the team in a bid to achieve this goal. He has brought in ten riders for 2018, including Tour of Oman winner Ben Hermans from BMC and the vastly experienced Ruben Plaza from Orica-Scott. The team hopes that the signing spree will be the last piece to the puzzle in earning that wildcard spot.

"It was pretty strict from RCS that we had to gain our invitation like everybody else sports-wise, which is why we were active in the transfer market," said Margaliot. "Obviously, we had some weaknesses that we had to fill. We didn't really have a proper climber this year, and now we do with Ben, Ruben and Nathan [Earle], who are all good climbers.

"We didn't really have a top sprinter last year. We had Mihkel [Raim], who achieved some solid results, but now we have Sondre [Enger] and Kristian [Sbaragli]. They're not the Cavs and Greipels, but they can get there one day. Maybe not Kristian, but Sondre is the real thing. We also brought experience. It was a development team two years ago, I had a few more older guys last year but now I've got Ruben who is 37 years old, he's a grandfather. I like the way that it has changed the dynamics."

Thrown in at the deep end

The Giro d'Italia coming to Israel and racing it are all part of a detailed plan that Margaliot, still just 29, laid out at the start of the project three years ago. First, set up a Continental team and help convince race organisers RCS to bring their showpiece race to the country in 2018.

Next, step up to Pro Continental level and give the riders a chance to experience some of the toughest races on the calendar. Riding the Giro d'Italia is the next rung on the ladder that Margaliot hopes will ultimately put the first Israeli rider in the Tour de France.

"I'm a big believer in throwing them into the deep end and seeing how it goes. We had to face the consequences of that," Margaliot said of the team's first year at Pro Continental level.

"I think we ended this season in a good place. I think that we ended the year closer to reaching the season's potential than when we started. It wasn't obvious and sometimes you have a lot of ups and downs but we finished the season on a high. It's good because it leaves a nice taste in the mouth but it also means that you really have to work the next season."

Controversy and developing Israeli cycling

The visit of the Giro d'Italia to Israel has not come without its controversy. There have been questions about security from the offset and the inescapable fact of ongoing tensions between Israel and Palestine. The Israeli government refuses to recognise Palestine as a state and has multiple settlements within the country, which has repeatedly been condemned by the United Nations.

The Giro d'Italia offers a shop window for Israel and its government as it looks to present the country in a much more positive light to the wider world. Earlier this week human rights groups called on RCS to move the Grande Partenza from Israel citing "grave and escalating violations of international law and Palestinians' human rights" and asked teams and sponsors to boycott if they didn't. Stages 1 and 3 have been a particular bone of contention with the route heading past several Palestinian areas. The groups also called out RCS on some of their publicity material for the way it represented Jerusalem as a unified capital of Israel.

The team did not gloss over the issues during the camp and encouraged the riders to discuss it, whatever their opinion. However, for Margaliot, the Giro d'Italia is less about presenting Israel to the world but showing cycling off to Israel. "We have to teach everybody what the Giro is. Nobody knows what the Giro is, they don't know what cycling is. We have to make sure to use it as a turning point for cycling in Israel," he explained.

"On our social media, we have almost spoken no Hebrew, we always spoke English and we always spoke from an international aspect and now we're paying the price. If the Israel Cycling Academy remains like this then Israeli cycling will stay this way. We want there to be a change in Israeli cycling with real riders, real coaches and real infrastructure. So, for now, it is more important to invest over here."

With this focus at home, there is little question for Margaliot that there will be at least one Israeli rider on the start line in just over five months' time.

"If we have a team in the Giro, I will take an Israeli rider. No doubt," he told Cyclingnews. "This has been one of the team missions. At some point, you have to look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself why you are doing this. I could maybe find a sponsor tomorrow, start a WorldTour team and put the name Israel in it and have one Israeli rider in the team for decoration and that's it. What have we achieved?

"Nobody would believe in this story, nobody would be inspired and nothing would be changed. You can say the same thing now, maybe I only have five Israeli's and not 20, but I believe those guys are legit. They race and they race hard, they are not just participating but they are contributing to the team's final success and they are going in the moves. Israeli riders are now winning races in Europe. It wasn't like this 25 years ago."

Admin
Admin

Bericht van Admin ma nov 27, 2017 9:53 am

Duidelijke hiërarchie bij de sprinters. Enger is "the real thing". Als hij de resultaten van de laatste drie jaar kan voortzetten (buiten laatste jaar) en zich terug kan goedvoelen in de ploeg een mogelijke optie denk ik! Programma is wel nog een beetje een vraag. Zou ideaal zijn als ze oman, abu dhabi en dergelijke kunnen rijden. Wschl worden ze wel geselecteerd en dat zijn de races waar een enger ook punten kan pakken (en redelijk veel als hij terug ok is?)

Nathan Earle is ook gene sukkelaar eigenlijk. Vooral in Australië een degelijke kans op top 10 in TDU of CDGORR.

Plaza lijkt me kans 0 op 150 punten.

Sbaragli is een degelijke garantie op minstens 100 punten, al speelt natuurlijk in dit geval ook weer mee welk programma ICA gaat krijgen. Als hij echt goedkoop staat op te pikken.

Admin
Admin

De auteur van dit bericht is verbannen van het forum - Zie het bericht

Bericht van Admin ma dec 11, 2017 1:54 pm

dosphorus schreef:Maw, ik zie niet zoveel ruimte meer voor een puntengewijs interessant programma voor Ben Hermans.

Voor mij afgeschreven nu..

Klopt inderdaad. Als daar geen ronde van Polen of iets dergelijks bijkomt wordt het moeilijk. Effect van die nieuwe ploeg moet ge toch ook altijd meerekenen, zeker bij een overstap van BMC ---> ICA. Is toch een stapje achteruit in materiaal, begeleiding, omstandigheden, .... Mag voor mij ook geschrapt.

Admin
Admin

Bericht van Admin ma dec 11, 2017 1:55 pm

dosphorus schreef:En voor Enger lijkt me de combinatie klassieker & giro ook verre van optimaal..

Heeft ook nog te weinig laten zien hé. Kan ook wel zijn dat het vooral een mentale kwestie was in die franse ploeg, maar als je jezelf nooit kan herpakken zegt dat toch ook al iets... Moet met zijn waarde eigenlijk 150 - 200 punten halen en dat gaat niet gebeuren... Schrappen.

Admin
Admin

Bericht van Gesponsorde inhoud

Gesponsorde inhoud

Terug naar boven